My name is Bongiwe Jwara. I was born in Durban and raised at Umzimkhulu Eastern Cape. My home is now in Durban where my family stay.
I am working for Isiphephelo place of safety as a Social Worker. I started on 01 December 2014. As a social worker my role is:
- To bring hope to children who are placed at Isiphephelo, by providing them with individual and group therapeutic counselling.
- Compile reports for court inquiry
- Perform functions as mandated in terms of Child and Youth Care Centres e.g Section 191 (2) of Children’s Act 38 of 2005
- Help in managing the Place of Safety
- Liaise with field social workers and help them with re-unification
Personally I am pro- active, willing to learn and respectful of other people.
My strength is that I like to plan but also understand that I live under God’s grace, I believe that it is not over until God says so that is why after all the experiences and challenges I experienced on the way I managed to achieve my goal.
In future I would like to help Isiphephelo to achieve their objectives of providing a safe place for children as they are removed from unsafe or vulnerable situation into a healthy home environment by giving children love, hope and care. To help Isiphephelo to grow and develop by equipping staff with required skills of working with children
Surround yourself with those on the same mission as you